Re: installing fedora on ASUS P5K-E

Kam Leo wrote:
On 11/4/07, Brad Karain <masiit gmail com> wrote:
FC4 just says it finds no compatible drivers.  Do I need to be installing
FC8?  Has anyone had trouble installing fedora on the P5K-E motherboards?

Brad

F8 will have less compatibility with the old motherboards, display
adapters, and sound cards  than FC1-FC3. I stopped at FC3 on my old
ASUS P/I-P55TP4N box because I couldn't install more than 96MB of RAM.
Time to consider other distributions such as Damn Small Linux or a BSD
variant.

Puppy...

Anyway, I would do FC7 for a mix of new enough to be recent and old enough to have hope of old hardware support.

I still have production FC1 and FC4 (behind firewalls!).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>