Re: Couple of Scripts

Thom Paine wrote:
I am looking for a couple of scripts to do the following.

1. I would like a script that can look at my messages file and show me
how many times and when I get disconnected from my isp. Then post this
to a simple webpage on my server.

G'day, Thom. Haven't seen you in years. Still having Windows fun?

I do this on RHL 7.3:
[root magpie root]# cat /etc/ppp/ip-down.local
date | mail -s 'ISP down'  summer example com

[root magpie root]# cat /etc/ppp/ip-up.local
service firewall start
date | mail -s 'ISP up'  example.com

[root magpie root]#

2. Another script that will look at maillog and tell me what messages
are rejected. Some of my users are concerned they are not getting
legitimate email and with mailscanner and some snert milters running,
I'm not sure the best way to figure this out.

Does anyone have some already made? I would think that there would be
other people doing this.

Doesn't logwatch already give you this (it does on Debian).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait