Connecting Net through Desktop

I want to avail the Net (and thus Yum and all) in my laptop through my
desktop machine. They are connected by LAN.

At one time in SuSE I did it with 'squid', but it was quite demanding
for me.

Then in Ubuntu, it got pretty easy, just by installing 'ipmasq' in the
desktop and then fixing this machine as the gateway for the laptop.

What would be the best (and SIMPLE) way for me in F7, both my desktop
and laptop now run F7.

--
das
http://ddts.randomink.org/