Fedora 8 x86_64: "You have specified an install method which isn't supported by anaconda"

I'm trying to upgrade my 64 bit F7 install on a Core 2 Duo notebook.

From power-up I put the F8 x86_64 DVD in the drive, the bootloader appears
and I select "Install or upgrade an existing system". The kernel boots, asks me if I want to verify the installation media. After that, X starts up and I immediately get a box pop up which says "You have specified an install method which isn't supported by anaconda".

Pressing the Ok button just results in the system shutting down.

I am now upgrading from text mode, which seems to be working. A quick scan of the mailing list seems to suggest no one else has seen this problem, but I can't think why it would just affect me since the error message appears as soon as anaconda starts, before it asks for the user to make any choices.

 - Steve
   xmpp:steve nexusuk org   sip:steve nexusuk org   http://www.nexusuk.org/