Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Aaron Konstam wrote:

Now I am confused. The whole point of NetworkManager revolves around the
use of the nm-applet, which does not work in run level 3.

You seem to think that nm-applet is the only thing NetworkManager is used for, which is not the case. nm-applet is just one of the desktop frontends for NetworkManager. Read the link in my earlier mail for more information.

Rahul