Re: How to enable compiz-fusion

Hello,

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 16:53 -0400, Doctor Who wrote:
> I have compiz working but would like to use compiz-fusion and its
> plug-ins.  How do I go about 'changing' to compiz-fusion from compiz?

my answer is may be to late and for final release:

+------------------------------------------------------
| Installing Compiz Fusion

Compiz Fusion - but ccsm (compizconfig settings manager) - is
available in their Fedora repositories - core and update.

ccsm is currently available in update-testing repository.

+------------------------------------------------------
| How to get Compiz Fusion working

...by editing /usr/bin/gnome-wm file:

1. for launching compiz fusion rather than compiz:
replace OPT4=gconf with OPT3=ccp

2. for using emerald window decorator instead of gtk-window-decorator
replace
    export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
    gtk-window-decorator &
    OPT3=glib
with
    export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
    emerald &
    OPT3=glib

--
 Peter Santavy

Pouzivam legalny software -> pouzivam slobodny software
OpenSource - zadarmo a legalne