Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:

I don't want to start a war but NM does not work as it normally would,
using nm-applet in run level 3.

There is no point in using nm-applet in runlevel 3. nm-applet is a GNOME frontend for NetworkManager.

 Rahul

How about, instead of saying, "That's wrong," you say, "This is how you do it?"

My recent experience with NetworkManager is on OpenSUSE 10.2. It configured my wireless to work with a QPA access point well enough while I was logged in, but I didn't discover how to have it stay up, and I didn't discover how to have wire and wireless up together, and I didn't discover how to make it remember the password.

Perhaps "well enough" is overstating how well it worked. Now I'm home again, I've turned it off again.

--

Cheers
Grumpy John

-- spambait