Re: How is my wireless connecting if I haven't set the WPA on Wireless

On Nov 9, 2007 1:54 AM, Ben Kevan <ben kevan gmail com> wrote:
> I have never set my WPA Key in any configuration after installing FC8.
> How the hell is it connecting?
>
> This can't be right? Also I don't even have a place to configure my
> network connections (kde).
>
> Ben

I just installed F8 and the same thing happened to me.  F8 by default
will automatically connect to the first available wireless network.
Seems we both have an open network in our neighbourhood.  I've since
been trying to get it to work with mine but no luck so far.  I don't
see where I can specify WPA and AES encryption.  I did put in my
passphrase, the channel, and the SSID.  I'm not in F8 right now so
can't tell you the error I was getting.  Bottom line it wouldn't
connect to it but it did connect to an open one when I first
installed.  So my wireless works with F8.  Just have to get it working
with WPA.

Any ideas from anyone?

Jacques B.