Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

John Summerfield wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:

I don't want to start a war but NM does not work as it normally would,
using nm-applet in run level 3.

There is no point in using nm-applet in runlevel 3. nm-applet is a GNOME frontend for NetworkManager.

 Rahul

How about, instead of saying, "That's wrong," you say, "This is how you do it?"

I would and I have done that several times before or pointed out more references which explain things in detail. I don't get the impression that it is getting through much.

Anyway NM at runlevel 3 isn't very useful. You probably just want to use the network service for now.

Rahul