Fedora 8 Installation Issue

I am trying to install Fedora 8 (i386) onto a machine which is already running Fedora 7. The loader crashes after loading initial drivers and past the "Disk check". I guess it could be due to a driver that is loaded but not sure. Is there a way to prevent a particular driver from loading such as pata_amd at the time of installation?

Thanks

Srikanth