Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:

You need to read what you say. I know you are trying to answer every
ones questions and it is hard to keep up. I did not say graphical front
end. I said front end.
  You were the one that said their were a variety
of applications that would act as a "front end" or give access to NM in rl 3. What are they?
I was talking only about graphical frontend's and usually daemons wouldn't have any command line front end's.
I guess any deamon of a bit of importance with a little bit of history
has one.

The fact nm doesn't seem to have speaks for itself.

NM is a daemon that was originally designed to manage wireless networks on a laptop. Why would you want a command line interface for that? As it extends further maybe but as of now I don't see any good use case for that. There are others like yum-updatesd that doesn't like really have any command line interfaces to the daemon itself. It is pretty common in that aspect. They are merely desktop application helpers.

Rahul