F8 - upgrading impossible

Hi,

I wonder how F8 ever made it to a release.
I tried upgrading 3 systems and 3 fail to upgrade due to installer issues.

/sbin/loader issue (can be solved with some kernel options but it's needed on
all my systems which is a bit of strange default).

The worst though is a CPU usage of 100% at checking dependencies.

Is there any solution available for this ?
Reinstall is no solution to me, I'm looking for a way to upgrade via DVD.

regards,
Marcel