Re: automagic rpm changes in grub.conf

Christoph Höger wrote:

hi,

I have a little problem: I once had to change the default menu option in
grub.conf manually to pick a specific kernel.
Now (having removed that kernel some time ago) whenever I update my
kernel, rpm is so smart to not just leave that file untouched but change
the default value to where the old kernel is now. How can I force rpm to
 make the latest kernel default boot?

In addition to taking some notice of what others say, you might look at /etc/sysconfig/kernel

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait