Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

John Summerfield wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Ya. I meant tied to a any particular desktop environment.

Until that's undone, it's not going to be very useful to me. I have two desktop computers with PCI wireless cards, one's acting as a relay. I have three Linux laptops with wireless, one's acting as a relay. Any of the others might have both interfaces active at any time, and there's no guessing which (if either) should be the gateway to the Internet.

None of my Linux laptops and only one of the wireless desktops boots to runlevel 5.

Then just use iwconfig and forget about NM?

Rahul