Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Chris Jones wrote:
On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 00:52 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Ya. I meant tied to a any particular desktop environment.
Until that's undone, it's not going to be very useful to me. I have two desktop computers with PCI wireless cards, one's acting as a relay. I have three Linux laptops with wireless, one's acting as a relay. Any of the others might have both interfaces active at any time, and there's no guessing which (if either) should be the gateway to the Internet.

None of my Linux laptops and only one of the wireless desktops boots to runlevel 5.
Then just use iwconfig and forget about NM?

Maybe he wants the additional functionality or flexibility presented by
NM (not saying this is the case, just postulating) - What I don't
understand is why it is so hard for you to acknowledge that someone
might what to try benefit from NM in a non-graphical environment.

Just telling users to suck it up and use something else instead is very
dismissive.

Thanks Chris.

Wireless on Fedora sucks, and it seems it will suck for time to come.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait