Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

David Boles wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
David Boles wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:

Thank you. That is a very clear explanation. The 'boss' like's Lenovo
and is talking about a Thinkpad T61. Whatever that is.

As I said - not a laptop fan. Keyboard is odd shaped and keys too small
for my 'monkey fist' style of typing.

Plug in a USB keyboard when you're not mobile.

My R40 has a touchpad _AND_ a joystick (I think it's called an ultranav). You move the mouse cursor by "bending" the funny red thing in the keyboard, and there are _three_ (count them) buttons.

Stroking the side of the touchpad scrolls (that's usual, but the ultranav thing doesn't scroll in linux).

And I have big hands - 26 cm span - and I don't find its keyboard especially difficult.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait