Re: How to get mail to local destinations delivered?

Chris G wrote:
On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 12:42:26PM +0100, Gijs wrote:
This is total overkill for my actual requirement (which maybe I
should have stated at the outset), I simply want mail to root on my
Fedora machine to get sent to me rather than having to become root to
read it.  No other mail is sent or read on this machine.

   If you want root's mail to get delivered to your own email address,
   you can use the file /etc/aliases.
   I think the last line of the file already describes it, but if you
   want root's mail to get delivered to [4]root root com,
   you can add to that file:
   root:   [5]root root com

Ah, yes, but what do I put as my address in /etc/aliases?  I can't
find an address that makes sendmail send it to me on this machine.

chrisg localhost perhaps

--

Cheers
John