Re: Excessive network traffic -

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 10:22 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
Can someone suggest what I need to put in the config file to view everything happening on eth0? I have not yet put anything in config.

It's absolutely ages since I set up MRTG to watch my router.  I did it
the hard way, first.  Pouring over documentation to work out what to put
into the configuration file.  Later, I played with the /usr/bin/cfgmaker
tool that comes with it.

Investigate the different files you find listed with:  rpm -ql mrtg

/usr/bin/cfgmaker
Usage:
   cfgmaker [options] [community ]router [[options] [community ]router ...]

I can probably muddle through the options with a few trials but I am lost with "community ]router"

My router is known only as 192.168.1.1 but I'm looking at the output of the Wildblue receiver/modem and don't know how to address this except as eth0 on box10, the computer in which mrtg resides.

Any idea what goes there?

Bob Goodwin