Re: How to get mail to local destinations delivered?

Chris G wrote:
On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 03:35:55PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Chris G wrote:

But the real issue is that I can't find *any* address that delivers
mail locally.  Therefore whatever I put in /etc/aliases as the actual
recipient of root mail it fails.
I haven't followed the thread,
but what happens if you just say "mail -s Test chris" ?

It fails, sendmail attempts to send it to chris home isbd net which it
decides is out there in the internet somewhere.

You might have an mx record added to your DNS configuration.

I still think you've set your host name in sendmail's configuration.
Adding home.isbd.net to local-host-names might help.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait