Re: F8 - upgrading impossible

Antonio wrote:
2007/11/12, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com>:
Antonio wrote:
2007/11/10, Marcel Janssen <korgull home nl>:

Hi,

I wonder how F8 ever made it to a release.
I tried upgrading 3 systems and 3 fail to upgrade due to installer issues.

/sbin/loader issue (can be solved with some kernel options but it's needed on
all my systems which is a bit of strange default).

The worst though is a CPU usage of 100% at checking dependencies.

Is there any solution available for this ?
Reinstall is no solution to me, I'm looking for a way to upgrade via DVD.

regards,
Marcel

Same here: when I am at 26% of dependency check system freezes. I had
to re-install, but I have found some troubles (see other threads)

    Just to let you know, a clean install, not a upgrade was made of F8
on this computer and it was perfect. So the problem you have must be due
to your hardware which is of course different.

--

        Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
        Linux User