console cable to access switches

Hello Team,
I have installed Werewolf and now want to use my usb-serial adapter on my laptop. However, I have tried looking at some docs and minicom. I was wondering if anyone out there is using werewolf on laptop to use console access to switches can point me in the right direction to get the usb serial adapter working with a terminal emulator. Can you also provide a number I can reach you at.
Thanks,
John

--
John Matijevic