Re: Fedora lifetime and stability

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 18:22 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> But just to recompile a new version of an application like sendmail,
> or a new firefox version, or similar is practical. That is assuming
> the infrastructure is in place, as it was for Fedora Legacy.

This is about where I expected someone to say, "if Fedora used external
packages as they were, rather than customising them for Fedora, users
could simply recompile the latest source, themselves, and it'd work."

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.