Re: FC8 - 1st boot stuck on swap

Erich Zigler wrote:
    Some more information might help. How much RAM do you have? How big
is /dev/sdc2? I ask because both F7 and F8 have booted here without a
swap partition being set up right because I have 1 gig of RAM.

Just because you have 1 gig of RAM does not mean you can go without swap.

That is correct. You must have a swap partition that works in the long run. But your F8 will boot clear up to init5 and work while you fix your swap.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User