Re: Wireless (iwl4965AGN) works with Live CD but not DVD install

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 02:51:48PM -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

> I can also tell you that, in the non-working situation, dmesg output was
> saying that the drivers thought the card's hardware switch was off
> (meaning that the card was physically turned off). In reality the card
> was definitely turned on. That might provide some additional clues.

Well, this is almost certainly the problem.  May I ask why you don't
believe what the driver says about the rf kill switch state?  Did you
try pressing the rf kill switch (in case it is a toggle rather than
an absolute)?

Thanks,

John
--