Re: f8 install fails on Dell Inspiron 530

On Nov 9, 2007 3:03 PM, Mike C <mike cohler gmail com> wrote:
> David L <idht4n <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > The workaround for a problem I had installing f7 on a
> > Dell Inspiron 530 desktop no longer works with f8.  Sadly,
> > it worked with f8t3, so I think something was broken in the
> > mean time.
>
> One thing worth trying is to change the BIOS setting for the "sata mode" from
> "IDE" to "RAID" - I had this issue with an Inspiron 530s and it made it work.

This worked ... but my fc7 & f8t3 partitions no longer booted after
making that change.  But f8 installed without the irqpoll parameter.
Interestingly, Ubuntu is perfectly happy with IDE and RAID and
the same installation of Ubuntu worked either way.  In any case,
I'm up and running with f8 now.  Thanks.