Re: F7 to F8: no joy =/

On Tue November 13 2007, André Costa wrote:
> Please let me know if there's any additional info I can provide.
>
> Damn, this is really frustrating =/

Lots of people reporting this issue including me. I did a yum upgrade on two
machines that failed on upgrade from the DVD in the way you describe. Worked
beautifully. It took a long time - I had to remove a couple of packages on
one machine that failed dependency checks, but other than that, it worked.
The usual little stuff is broken after the upgrade, but nothing show-stopping
so far. Avahi ends up with two instances after the update, but you can google
the fix for that - it's simple. Long time means overnight - there were around
1400 packages on each machine that got updated. Both were complete when I
looked the next morning.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA