Copy words still broken

With about 7 reboots and looking at the motherboard book I am certain the mouse and the keyboard are plugged in properly. But when I press both the left and right mouse buttons I always get not what I expect but a panel much like the Edit key shows when clicked. It is not always the same. But never is it what I am used to getting.

I put a lot of print on a terminal window and then select some of it. Then try to let it appear on another terminal window but all I get is the darn old panel. I'm now certain it is a system problem but I have no idea what.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User