Re: How do I remove i386 from x75-64 systems?

Jonathan Berry wrote:
On Nov 14, 2007 1:55 AM, Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net> wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:45:45 +0900
John Summerfield <debian herakles homelinux org> wrote:

Then I try
yum upgrade
and it wants to install it all again. Why is it so?
Because you didn't tell it not to.

Put the following line into /etc/yum.conf:

exclude=*.i386 *.i586 *.i686

I recently did a yum list "*yum*" and found plenty of interesting yum
plugins (? I think that's what they are called).  One of which had a
name like yum-basearchonly (I don't remember exactly).  I would assume
its job is to only install packages for x86_64 on such a system.  You
might give it a look.

Shame I had to install it to find out; it's time like these we need "apt-cache show yum-basearchonly" or similar:-)

Fortunately, it's small. And your surmise is correct, except that its says "The plugin only works with 'yum install'."

We'll see. Thanks for that.

--

Cheers
John