telnetd won't run

In /usr/sbin there is telnetd. In startup file I pun /usr/sbin/telned but after star I couldn't find it on ps list. Also tried to start inetd on start, and put in /etc/inetd.conf:
telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  NOLUID /usr/sbin/telnetd    telnetd

In both cases if trie to connect through telnet there is a message:
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

What should I do to start telnetd and receive connections on my machine?

 MadNet Webmail, http://webmail.madnet.co.yu