Can't find missing font on Fedora 8

I am getting the following fatal error when trying to launch a third-party app
on Fedora 8:

X Error of failed request:  BadName (named color or font does not exist)
 Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
 Serial number of failed request:  16

I have tried installing all sorts of fonts and cannot get the error to get the
application to launch.  Does anyone know what package my system is missing?