Re: OT: Computer's electrical outlet

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Chris G wrote:

Although a heater is much less likely to cause problems than some
other loads as it is just about a purely resistive load and won't
cause spikes, just dips according to how good the wiring is.  The real
nasties are things like vacuum cleaners with bigg[ish] electric
motors, I'm always very ware of using them in close [electrical]
prximity to computers and such.

The one piece of kitchen equiptment that has caused me the most problems is a toaster. I used to blow fuses at my old house all the time and 95% of the time it was the toaster that pushed it over the edge.

With that high of a load, I wonder if the breakers work at all.

--
Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense.