Re: rdesktop and sound

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 23:43 -0700, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> I have the alsa-oss RPM installed, do I need to do more?
>
> - Jamie

In general no. You should run $ aoss rdesktop xxx.
But it greatly depends on the number of other oss users. (Namely flash;
old multimedia applications, etc)
AFAIR, if you have a number of OSS users and no hardware mixing support
alsa-oss cannot solve the problem.
(Umm... I wonder if pulse-audio will completely solve the problem under
F8)

- Gilboa
P.S. please don't top-post.