Re: Where does F8 gets the hostname from?

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
Em Sáb 17 Nov 2007, Karl Larsen escreveu:
Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
Hi,

In /etc/sysconfig/network, I have set up the name I want for the
host (that was all I had to do in F7). In system-config-network, at
the DNS tab, the same name is shown. However, when I execute the
hostname command, I get:
localhost.localdomain
Also, my bash prompt shows "[marcelo localhost ~]"
Where does this information come from?

Thanks,

Marcelo
    In a root Terminal window type hostname and it will write out
what it is. To change the name use hostname newname and it will be
changed.

this does not change the host name permanently. After a reboot, it turns back to localhost.localdomain.

[]'s
Marcelo

   Yes I recall now. I wonder why it is temporary?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User