-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of Marcelo Magno T.
Sales
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:42 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: hostname

Hi, Karl

Em Sáb 17 Nov 2007, Karl Larsen escreveu:
    I forgot that using a root terminal to set hostname didn't work.
So here on F8 I looked and under System -> Administration -> Network
and after giving your root password find the tab that has hostname
listed and replace the one there with what you want. Then save it and
it will be forever, or at least a long time.

Thanks for your help but, as I've said in my first mail, I have set up
the name I want here in system-config-network too, but still the system
thinks it's name is localhost.localdomain. Also, I've set up the
correct name in /etc/sysconfig/network. However, the hostname command
still returns localhost.localdomain and the bash prompt still shows
[marcelo localhost ~].
I wonder where does the system get this information.

[]'s
Marcelo

   Here are my files and you see what they should be:
[karl k5di ~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=k5di.com
[karl k5di ~]$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.0.2     k5di.com
216.234.192.92  nameserver
216.234.213.130 nameserver

[karl k5di ~]$