RE: arabic language on FC7

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 16:33 +0200, waleed zedan wrote:
> salam
> I do this steps and I can write Arabic , but the problem is the
> characters appear separated like this
> وليد

The above seemed to work okay for me.  I can't read it, of course, but
it doesn't appear malformed as you described.  I've attached a
screenshot so you can see how I saw it.

On my FC7 system I installed just about all the fonts that were
available, because I got tired of seeing boxes and numbers in webpages
instead of the proper font glyphs.  I think pages look better as they're
meant to be, even if I can't read the language.  Perhaps it's just the
particular font that you're using that has a problem.

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.