Filesystems Not Mounting

I'm using a 'Custom' filesystem configuration with LVM. I've broken my hard
disk(s) down into multiple Volume Groups (VG) which is in turn broken down
into Logical Volumes (LV).  On Fedora 7 it appears any file system not
directly having a system related mount point (i.e /; /usr; /var etc.) does
not mount at boot time.  And in some cases the mount point, although
defined at install time, hasn't been created (i.e. /usr/oracle).  In the
case of Oracle, it drives the system crazy at boot time trying to start
Oracle.

Has anyone run into this problem?  Are there any solutions?

TIA,
Gene Poole
gene poole macys com