Re: Layer 7 Load Balancer

Do you have a mail system (MTA) that can route based on the domain part of the e-mail?

Srikanth

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
No, in the company we only have one ADSL line, so one fixed ip address. Can you tell me more about a mail gateway solution ?

Mark Haney a écrit :
Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
No, because the MX of the two domains points to the same IP (services are dispatched behind this IP)

Mark Haney a écrit :

Uh, why? Is there some reason DNS won't do what you need? With 2 separate domains, just point your MX record to the correct server.

Or am I missing something obvious here?

Can you add a second IP to the mix? I mean doing something like a L7 load balancer seems a bit overkill for this. Or, how about a mail gateway that routes accordingly?