Re: Dual layer dvd burning

Mike Morraye wrote:
Dear List,

I would like to buy a Dual layer burner so i can burn my data. ( with k3b)
But i read a lot about the slow burning process.

How long would it take to burn a 8GB  @ 8x speed on a dual layer dvd?

Thx in advance. ( I dont like spending my money to the wrong stuff )

Eh?
Are there current DVD burners that don't do dual-layer? I have some Pioneer DVD burners that I bought because they were cheapish and weren't the brand I don't like, and those do DL.

What bothered me last time I looked was the media price; DL media seem to me a bit like 2.88 Mbyte floppies, expensive and rare.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait