Re: alfresco installation?

Craig White wrote:

Your instructions for setting up under tomcat work the same with Centos5 with the exception of the mysql-connector-java not being a stock package. Is some other service needed for the cifs side?
----
literally 'stumbled' into this

http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/CIFS_linux

Their DNS was screwed up when I was looking for this a few days ago - looks like everything is back to normal now. That bundle includes a jvm and tomcat that you might not want, but installing it on a virtual machine might give you a hint about what all has to be started besides tomcat.
----
yeah, I got the thread info from Jeff Gustafson suggesting the war
install and now parsing through the installation manual, that makes the
most sense.

if I buy a new server, would you suggest that I install CentOS/RHEL-xen
and run this as a virtual machine?

No, that was just a suggestion for a test install to figure out how it works. Once you know where everything belongs, java provides enough of a virtualization layer.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com