Re: D-Link DWL-G630 and FC8.

Steven Stern wrote:

What's the problem with the OpenHAL drivers? I ask as one who has
several systems running madwifi drivers.

With the OpenHaL system, I couldn't get the card to work with my router
using a 128bit hex key.   After going to madwifi, I used the same files
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and connected immediately.

Just for fun, I booted from the OpenSolaris CD the other day and the
DWL-520 worked flawlessly.

In any case, according to madwifi.org, ATH5K is still regarded as a work
 in progress.

That's the impression I had from the site a few months ago, I was surprised to see people using it and was wondering whether I should.

What's OpenSolaris using?

--

Cheers
John