Re: Can Java just shoot me?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:52:20 -0500
David Boles <dgboles gmail com> wrote:

> Duh? This took about 10 seconds.
>
> Start here. Follow the prompts. Either one goes to the same page.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29ktre
> https://sdlc4e.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=60B8217CD6937C7D378EAE0D0B30D57A

Yea, it takes about 10 seconds starting from that page, but how
do you know how to find that page starting from java.sun.com?
There are 15,000 potential paths to follow with no roadsigns :-).
For that matter, how do I know I need a jre rather than a jdk
(I've seen both tossed around on web pages about installing
java).