Re: do I need tetex fonts?

Knute Johnson wrote:
If I'm not using tetex, do I need it and all those fonts? Are they used by any other major components like maybe XFCE?

Thanks,

I'd like to know, too.
I seem to have them installed - and while performing a yum update, it told me that some tetex-related files were written as .rpmnew (even though I have not modified the originals). I went through the list and overwrote the originals with the .rpmnew versions - but if tetex is not really needed, I might as well remove it.