Re: how do you force anaconda to use vesa?

Jack Howarth wrote:
Jim,
   Unfortunately, adding 'xdriver=vesa' to the kernel flags that the
installer uses doesn't help. I still find that anaconda probes the
Radeon X1650 Pro and then I get a black screen. The weird part is
that I can't seem to get to a virtual console after that happens.
I guess I'll be sitting Fedora 8 out since I don't really want to
mess with a text-based upgrade.

O Really??

Text isn't hard, and it's probably quicker. More RAM for the task at hand instead of looking pretty.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait