Re: Annoying OO 'Feature': AutoNumbering

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 06:52 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> OpenOffice writer has an annoying 'feature': autonumbering. Whenever
> you commence a line with a number, it automatically commences an > autonumber mode. Does anyone know how to turn this annoyance OFF > PERMANENTLY.

Look through the menus...

(Tools, auto-format, wait for the pop-up window, then options, and
untick apply numbering.)

There's a few things I turn off in there when first configuring my
systems.

Are we using the same program???
My 'Help->About' gives OpenOffice 2.3.0. This is the writer.

There is NO 'Tools->Autoformat menu item.
There is an Autoformat item under the Table heading, but it is greyed out (unles I'm in a table, of course).

And there is one under 'Format' but it does not have a pop-up,

Geoff