From: "Frank Cox" <theatre sasktel net>
To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: How to open a db file -- was: Need to know

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:15:37 -0600
Art Giles <ag northlc com> wrote:

Please try to come up with more descriptive subject lines than "need to
know".
Subject lines are intended to serve a useful purpose and are not just
"dead
space" that you should fill in with anything at all that's not related to
your
actual subject or question.

Having said that:
Hi how do you open a db file
That depends entirely on what created your "db file".  A moment of Google
search tells me that it could be a file created by Filemaker Pro or
Microsoft
Access.  If it's "thumbs.db" then that's a file of thumbnail graphics used
by
Windows Explorer.

It could also be an Ansys database, an Arcview Object Database file,
or something created by Synopsys Design Compiler, dbVista, Paradox,
Smartware,
XTreeGold.

There are about 17 other programs that apparently create a "db file", plus
ghawd-knows how many others that aren't on the list that I'm looking at.

So.... What created it?