Codeina: Intriguing idea, but...

I understand the "legal compromise" intended with Codeina in F8.

But of note, there's only 1 vendor you are directed to if you'd like to
purchase a codec.

Now - let's put arguments aside about if you should/shouldn't buy a
codec for the moment. What provisions are being made to allow being able
to buy codecs from multiple vendors - essentially facilitating
competition and choice?

Will we see more than one?

In the meantime, I'm still probably headed over to Livna (and VLC or
MPlayer) for my codecs...

Cheers,

Chris

--