Re: "ls -al * " not work

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 10:54:37 -0500,
  chloe K <chloekcy2000 yahoo ca> wrote:
> Hi
>
> My ls command not works  properly
> Are there many files problem?

The argument list was limited to a modest number of files until recently.
I am not seeing this in cases where I used to on the 2.6.23 kernel. There
is still a limit, but it is significantly larger than it was in the past.
So you might still see the problem with 2.6.23 kernels, but I wouldn't
expect it to happen in typical use.