Re: sha1sum problems :-( [kind of SOLVED]

On Friday 23 November 2007, Frank Cox wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:55:18 +0100 (CET)
>
>Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko panet co yu> wrote:
>> I was not aware that sha1sum&friends have problems to determine the actual
>> size of data when reading optical media.
>
>K3B has a built-in "verify the copy" option to re-read the disk you just
> created and compare it to the image.  It's one of the things you can check
> off under the options.

Yes, but is that not still using an md5sum?  In any event it fails when
burning on my lappy because the lappy cannot retract and remount the disk in
the drawer, so I have to use my method when burning a disk on its lightscribe
capable drive.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)