Re: uucp

Mike wrote:
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

On both F7 and F8 I need to make user karl belong to the uucp group. I tried to use the gui thing and it will not show me uucp. If I try to make a uucp it says it already exists :-)

  How do you do this with a root terminal? I seem to have forgot.

As root:

$ usermod -G uucp karl

The user karl will need to log out and back in to get the new group permission.

-- Mike

Thanks Mike, I checked with joe /etc/group and karl is a group member of uucp. This is important because the serial port /dev/ttyS0 is owned by root and the group uucp. I recall I did this some time ago but when I tried to use gmfsk it complained it can't tell if /dev/ttyS0 is a serial or parallel port. This must be a new problem I must figure out, The data from the sound card is working fine and I copied many psk-31 stations, but can not switch to transmit.

Tomorrow I will try again :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User