Re: uucp

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

    On both F7 and F8 I need to make user karl belong to the uucp group.
I tried to use the gui thing and it will not show me uucp. If I try to
make a uucp it says it already exists :-)

Not really relevant to your query,
but are you sure you need karl in the uucp group?
I use uucp (I thought I was the only person left in the world using it)
and I am not in the uucp group, which only contains the user uucp.
Admittedly I use "port type tcp" but I wouldn't have thought
that was relevant.

Look at the owner and group for /dev/ttyS0 and you will see why group uucp membership is important. Of course we should not be using a Com 1 port anymore :-)

To my horror I took my computer apart (easy) and discovered the serial port plug was wired to the motherboard direct by the maker. And it is not working. So what to do? Now I will goto the web page and see how long the warrenty is for...

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User